Thursday, November 11, 2010

Tips for successful online writing sites

Through the last several months I have discovered some great sites to write for and some duds. It takes time to navigate your way through the mess before you find sites that not only pay, but truly help mentor you.

Tip #1 Helium

I stumbled across this site and was wary at first. It takes awhile to build up your profile. It can be extremely daunting writing articles, rating articles and only earning pennies in the beginning. Take your time to read the FAQ's and use the forum to ask the experts questions. I found this to be the best site to start my online career. There are dozens of people to help you and mentor your. The best part is the members of this community will actually HELP you make money. It is truly the perfect starting point. The other wonderful aspect of Helium is you own the rights to your articles. You can take them and publish on other websites.

Tip #2 WikiNut

This newer website is much more challenging to earn money. However you can take previously published work from Helium and re-publish it. You can make the article pop a bit more by adding pictures to it and get more views. The pay is not quite as much, but it slowly adds up. To check out WikiNut http://www.wikinut.com/in/xfelg/

Tip #3 RedGage

This website still has several glitches. Again the benefit is being able to upload links from any website you have published work. You can add links from both Helium and WikiNut. It also a site you can add your personal videos and pictures. For each view you get for your information you get a small amount of money. RedGage pays by a gift card $25 at a time. I received my first g/c and immediately used it for some groceries! (pay the bills first) http://www.redgage.com/?refby=scarlet

Tip #4 Bright Hub

I just discovered this website thanks to the recommendation of one of my fellow Helium writers. She showed me one more site to make some extra money with. I have two published articles and I am hoping for more.

There are several sites out there that can help you earn money while freelancing. It can be tough to navigate through the web finding real sites that pay, and pay well.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing these brilliant tips and I am going broadcast the above article through my blogs if you have no objection to it.

    Thanks and look forward to hearing from you soon,

    ReplyDelete